30th July (arrival) - 7th August (departure) 2022
Youth, 17 - 30, from all over the world are invited to join the Journey for Justice in Palestine.
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes / days swaps)
- Saturday, 30 October: Arrival.
- Sunday, 31 July: Morning devotion at the YMCA Gotto. Ice-breaking games. Lunch. Introduction to YMCA, YWCA, JAI and the Olive Tree Campaign local and international impacts. JAI guided tour to witness the Israeli Apartheid Wall, colonies (settlements), settlers' bypass roads surrounding Bethlehem area, confiscated lands.
- Monday, 1 August: Visit Bethlehem University (summer course), meet and chat and tour around with students. Walk through the Bethlehem market, Lunch in the old city of Bethlehem (Falafel). Guided tour inside Church of Nativity. Free time in Bethlehem old city.
- Tuesday, 2 August: Help farmers at a threatened field in a Bethlehem area' village, lunch at the field. Presentation on the Palestinian refugees and Right of Return by Badil center for refugees rights. Visit refugee camp: meet and chat with refugee youth, guided tour inside the camp.
- Wednesday, 3 August: Hebron: Presentation on the Geopolitical situation in Hebron, then guided tour inside the old city of Hebron to witness colonies (settlements inside) the town - divided areas - forbidden streets (Shuhada street), closures, divided Ibrahimi Mosque. Lunch in the old city (at Palestinian family targeted house). Visit handmade factories.
- Thursday, 4 August: Morning watch to Bethlehem-Jerusalem checkpoint, cross checkpoint on foot. Guided tour inside Jerusalem old city (Aqsa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, Sepulchre Church). Guided tour with Israeli HR group' activist(s).
- Friday, 5 August: Presentation and discussion on the Boycott-Divestment-Sanction (BDS) Campaign and anti-normalization. Briefing on the Palestinian Christian Initiative - Kairos Palestine. Lunch. Advocacy Session - Future plan. Meeting with YMCA Youth Group. Palestinian Folklore Dance Show.
- Saturday, 6 August: Ramallah / Jericho day.
- Sunday, 7 August: Departure.
Criterea / Remarks (read carefully):
- Participants ages should be between 17 and 25 (up to 30 could be allowed for special cases).
- The JAI covers some portion of the program costs, while participation still need to pay the fees of 900 USD per participant, excluding: VISA fees (to Israel, if needed in advance), air-tickets and transportation from and to airport / boarder crossing to the YMCA Beit Sahour (the JAI can arrange, but the participant(s) need to pay extra for if requested), and possible PCR test fees at the Tel-Aviv airport.
- The participation fees cover local transportation during the program, accommodation, meals, and all extra guiding and entrance fees during the Journey. This amount is to be paid in advance by a money transfer, or in cash soon as the participant arrives.
- Each participant, or his/her respective movement or sending organization, covers his/her air ticket. Tickets should be reserved so as to arrive on the 30th of Juy (preferred around noon time) and departure on the 7th of August (also preferred around noon time) 2022. Extra days and arrangements outside the scope of the Journey is on the participant(s) own responsibility to arrange and cover the cost of.
- Participants of nationalities that need a VISA to Israel (which controls all Palestinian borders, and internationals have to come through) in advance, they, or their respective movement or sending organization, are responsible for obtaining and managing their TOURIST VISAs on their own, while the JAI, EJ YMCA or YWCA of Palestine are, unfortunately, unable to help in this matter.
- Participants are in charge of following all health and travel procedures then related to COVID19, in terms of vaccinations and tests, and present proofing documents at border controls whenever requested.
- Deadline for filled applications submission is 10th of July 2022.
If you have any question or concern:
Media Officer / Exchange Programs Coordinator
YMCA - YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative (JAI)
Tel / Fax: + 970 (0)2 2774540