5th (arr.) - 14th (dep.) of February 2022
West Bank, Palestine
Register online now
A program for Civil International Solidarity with Palestinians
The JAI together with the Alternative Tourism Group (ATG) are organizing the 13th annual Olive Planting Program - February 2021, as part of the JAI ongoing Keep Hope Alive – Olive Tree Campaign, to help Palestinian farmers and their families plant olive trees in their threatened fields.
Besides olive planting, the program features introductory presentations about the current situation in Palestine and the effects of the Apartheid Wall, tours in the old city of Jerusalem, Hebron, Bethlehem, as well as Ramallah, in addition to cultural events and social gatherings.
It is our pleasure that people are taking part in our mission in Keeping Hope Alive together and to learn more about daily Palestinian life under a merciless military occupation.
- The cost of the program including accommodation in a double room, meals, guides, local transportation and other relevant expenses is $800. Requesting a single room at the hotel would cost the participant $200 Extra. Any extra night(s) accommodation (before the night of the 5th/6th of February, or after the night of the 13th/14th of February 2022) can be arranged with extra costs.
- Accommodation can be arranged at a hotel or with a local family.
- A tour guide will be present with the group at all times for facilitation purposes.
- Travel from and to the airport is NOT included in the cost but can be arranged for groups and individuals (100 USD per person for each drive, unless sharing).
- It is strongly preferred that you fill and submit the registration form after booking your ticket, in order to fill your arrival and departure information in the same record.
- Upon registration, you are automatically admitted to participate in the program (without having to wait for confirmation from our side), and you will receive further information accordingly.
- All travel procedures, including tickets, VISA to Israeli (required in advance for some countries), covid19 and other vaccinations and certificates required, are on the responsibility of the participant.
For any other information, question, please contact:
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, Feb. 5, Day 1: Arrival to the airport and travel to Bethlehem to meet representatives from the organizing institutions for an overview of the program, remarks, and briefing about the JAI and ATG. Dinner.
- Sunday, Feb. 6, Day 2: Guided tour in Bethlehem: site-seeing, introduction to the town, Wall, Refugee camp tour, Bethlehem old city, Church of Nativity.
- Monday, Feb. 7, Day 3: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Afternoon presentation and discussion with BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugees' Rights.
- Tuesday, Feb. 8, Day 4: Visiting East Jerusalem: A tour in the old city of Jerusalem to visit the main sites in the city. Lunch. In the afternoon there will be a guided tour to witness settlements, house demolition and beduins in Jerusalem with Israeli activist.
- Wednesday, Feb. 9, Day 5: Free Day.
- Thursday, Feb. 10, Day 6: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Geopolitical presentation on the Israeli Apartheid Wall and land expropriation by Israeli authorities.
- Friday, Feb. 11, Day 7: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Afternoon advocacy and future work session with the Joint Advocacy Initiative.
- Saturday, Feb. 12, Day 8: Visit to the Palestinian Museum of Natural history - Bethlehem. Hebron Day: A tour in the old city of Hebron to visit the Ibrahimi Mosque, es-souq (the market), and to see the Israeli division of Hebron and the Israeli settlers who occupy the center of the city. Visit Scarfs (Koufiyyeh) and Glass factories.
- Sunday, Feb. 13, Day 9: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Afternoon general comments and evaluation session, followed by a musical evening and farewell with staff members and volunteers. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Monday, Feb. 14, Day 10: Departure.
The JAI Olive Tree Campaign
The Olive Planting Program and last years' programs' reports.
Reported attacks on farmers and land in Palestine.
Attacks on Olive Tree Campaign' planted fields.
We hope to have you with us!