A program for Civil International Solidarity with Palestinians
7th - 16th February, 2009
The JAI together with the Alternative Tourism Group (ATG)
are organizing the 2nd
Olive Planting Program - February 2009.
Besides olive planting, the program features introductory presentations about the current situation in Palestine and the effects of the Apartheid Wall, tours in the old city of Jerusalem, Hebron, Bethlehem, in addition to cultural events and social gatherings.
It is our pleasure that people are taking part in our mission in keeping hope alive together and to learn more about daily Palestinian life under a merciless military occupation.
Schedule with daily reports and pictures:
- Saturday, Feb 7, Day 1: Arrival to the airport and travel to Bethlehem to meet representatives from the organizing institutions for an overview and discussion of the program. Dinner and free time.
- Sunday, Feb 8, Day 2: Tour around Bethlehem visiting Holy sites and old city, Political tour in Bethlehem – Visit the wall, refugees' camp, and Documentary screening about the situation in Palestine.
- Monday, Feb 9, Day 3: Half day planting trees at a field in Al-Walaja village, nea Beit Jala. Visiting Duheisha refugee camp. Evening with BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugees' Rights. Dinner and free time.
- Tuesday, Feb 10, Day 4: Half day planting trees in Husan village near Bethlehe. Meeting with the Applied Research Institute Jerusalem (ARIJ) for a presentation on the Israeli Apartheid Wall and land expropriation by Israeli authorities. Dinner and free time.
- Wednesday, Feb 11, Day 5: A tour in the old city of Jerusalem to visit the main sites in the city. Lunch and visiting YMCA headquarters in Jerusalem, and in the afternoon, joining The Israeli Committee Against House Demolition ICAHD for a settlement tour around Jerusalem. Dinner and free time.
- Thursday, Feb 12, Day 6: A tour in the old city of Hebron to visit the Ibrahimi Mosque, es-souq (the market), and to see the Israeli division of Hebron and the Israeli settlers who occupy the center of the city. Followed by a meeting with an organization based in Hebron. Dinner and free time
- Friday, Feb 13, Day 7: Half day planting trees at a field in Al-Khader village, followed by lunch. Meeting with representatives from and advocacy workshop with the Joint Advocacy Initiative of the East Jerusalem YMCA and YWCA of Palestine.
- Saturday, Feb 14, Day 8: Visit to the city of Ramallah. A meeting with Defense for Children International DCI, Al-Dameer, Right to Education Campaign and Arafat' Tomb. Dinner and free time.
- Sunday, Feb 15, Day 9: Half day planting trees at a field in Jaba'a village. Evaluation meeting followed by a cultural evening and farewell dinner with staff members and volunteers. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Monday, Feb 16, Day 10: Departure
For further information, please contact:
- Ibrahim Hannouneh
Media / Exchange Programs Coordinator
Tel. / Fax: +972 2 2774540