A program for Civil International Solidarity with Palestinians
5th - 14th February, 2011
About, Schedule, Daily Updates & Reflections
This year more than 50 participants from 10 countries in the world are joining the program to plant olive trees as a sign of solidarity with the Palestinians, to show solidarity with the Palestinians and to strengthen our mission to "Keep Hope Alive" for a better future of peace with justice to the oppressed in this ongoing conflict.
Besides olive planting, the program features introductory presentations about the current situation in Palestine and the effects of the Apartheid Wall, tours in the old city of Jerusalem, Hebron, Bethlehem, in addition to cultural events and social gatherings.
Personal Reflection on my experience in Palestine - Parvin
28th, February 2011
Personal reflection - Salma
1st, February 2011
Daily schedule - news report, reflection, pictures and videos:
- Saturday, Feb 5, Day 1: Arrival to the airport and travel to Bethlehem to meet representatives from the organizing institutions for an overview and discussion of the program, and briefing about the JAI and ATG. Dinner.
- Sunday, Feb 6, Day 2: Guided tour in Bethlehem: site-seeing, introduction to the town, Wall, Refugee camp tour, Bethlehem old city, Church of Nativity. Evening discussion on the KAIROS Palestine.
- Monday, Feb 7, Day 3: Half day planting trees in Al-Khader, south of Bethlehem, followed by lunch. Afternoon presentation nad discussion with BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugees' Rights. Evening briefing and discussion on the Palestinain children in Isralei prisons.
- Tuesday, Feb 8, Day 4: Visiting East Jerusalem: A tour in the old city of Jerusalem to visit the main sites in the city. Lunch. In the afternoon we will join The Israeli Committee Against House Demolition ICAHD for a settlement tour around Jerusalem. Evening event.
- Wednesday, Feb 9, Day 5: Half day planting trees in Marah Ma'ala, followed by lunch. Meeting with the Applied Research Institute Jerusalem (ARIJ) for a presentation on the Israeli Apartheid Wall and land expropriation by Israeli authorities. Evening presentation and discussion on the BDS Campaign with representative from the BDS National Coalition (BNC). Dinner and free time.
- Thursday, Feb 10, Day 6: Hebron Day: A tour in the old city of Hebron to visit the Ibrahimi Mosque, es-souq (the market), and to see the Israeli division of Hebron and the Israeli settlers who occupy the center of the city. Followed by a meeting with the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee. Visit Scarfs and Glass factories.
- Friday, Feb 11, Day 7: Half day planting trees in AlWalaja village, followed by lunch. Afternoon advocacy and future work session with the Joint Advocacy Initiative. Evening presentation on examples of active advocacy work in the Netherlands.
- Saturday, Feb 12, Day 8: Day in Ramallah: visit Birzeit University, Right-to-Education Campaign, Al-Dameer, visit to and meeting with the public committee in Bili'n village. Free time in Ramallah. Back to Beit Sahour. Dinner and free time.
- Sunday, Feb 13, Day 9: Half day planting trees in Beit Eskaria, followed by lunch. Afternoon general comments and evaluation session, followed by a musical evening and farewell with staff members and volunteers. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Monday, Feb 14, Day 10: Departure